Donald Runnicles is concurrently the General Music Director of the Deutsche Oper Berlin (DOB), Chief Conductor of BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra (BBC SSO), and Music Director of the Grand Teton Music Festival in Jackson, Wyoming, USA. Mr. Runnicles is also Principal Guest Conductor of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (ASO). His career can be characterized by close, enduring and extensive relationships with a number of opera companies and orchestras; and his musical identity is defined by the quality of his performances which are strongly centered in grand romantic opera and symphonic repertory of the late 19th and 20th centuries, and their traditions around which the current opera and symphony institutions were built.
- Filtered event listings provide visitors with the ability to see all of the maestro’s events as a whole or broken down per ensemble and guest conducting appearances.
- Direct ticket purchase links to most individual performances.
- An innovative discography that not only provides detailed album info but links out to online retailers.
- Featured overview for each of the maestro’s ensembles along with a personal statement about why he finds each group special.
- A growing video library cataloged by ensemble and type.
- Dedicated image galleries; one per ensemble and as a cumulative gallery that serves as a press kit resource.